Yoga is an ancient mind and body practice based on Indian philosophy. A traditional yoga session combines breathing techniques, physical postures, meditation, and relaxation. Yoga has become increasingly popular as a form of physical exercise based upon poses that promote improved control of the body and mind and enhance mental well-being. If you are interested in starting Yoga but are unable or unwilling to attend Yoga classes, an online course is a great alternative. Browse through and enroll in one of these online yoga courses for beginners and start practicing yoga today! Not sure about yoga? Why not check out our collection of online Pilates courses here.
Created by Claire Hartley
Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (230+ ratings)
2,000+ students enrolled
Learn the basics of practicing yoga from Claire Hartley, a yoga teacher who has been at the forefront of the American yoga scene since 1993. Claire will teach you the basic yoga poses that are taught in beginner yoga classes in detail and in the comfort of your own home. The course offers 20 videos that will teach you step by step the essential yoga postures that will ultimately lead you to be able to complete a 50-minute yoga session. This beginners yoga course is laid out in an intelligent manner so your body opens slowly so you can avoid common alignment mistakes that can cause injury.
- Learn the basic poses taught in foundational yoga.
- Learn basic Yogic breathing.
- Learn how to get in and out of yoga postures safely.
- Learn how to practice yoga with props which can help decrease the intensity and increase the range of motion.
- Gain better posture.
- Learn how to address common misalignment issues.
- Learn the names of the most commonly practiced yoga postures.
- Gain the confidence to be able to practice yoga yourself at home.
- Develop increased strength and flexibility at home at your own pace.
- Learn basic mindfulness meditation.
“Wonderful course so far. Calm tone, easy to follow, great tips… love it!”
“One of the best courses for beginners. The instructor takes us through step by step. This course helps to build a good foundation for our Yoga practice. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to begin their journey in Yoga. Thanks Claire Hartley for the wonderful course.”
“The course is just perfect!!! Claire has covered minute details while teaching Asanas. It really helps one to understand the position of body parts during practice in a scientific way. Her instructions were very soft, calm, and composed. Excellent course :)”
Reviews from students of this course.
Created by Andrea Davidson
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (9+ ratings)
1,240+ students enrolled
A great beginner’s yoga course by the excellent registered teacher Andrea Davidson. Andrea will teach you how to use gentle movements that will connect with your body to relax your muscles and calm your mind. You will soon be enjoying more flexibility, peace of mind, and more energy throughout your day.
- Learn how to release tension in your body.
- Learn the 3 benefits of yoga that will change your life.
- Learn the art of creating intentions to balance your life.
- Learn 6 methods that will quickly relax your mind.
- Learn how to unite your body, breath, and mind anytime.
- Learn how to improve flexibility so aches and pains disappear.
- Learn how to improve posture to reverse the “hunched shoulders” syndrome.
- You’ll sleep better at night, and have more energy during the day.
- Learn how to prepare yourself and your home for yoga practice.
- Learn how to be comfortable while sitting for short meditations.
- Learn how to breathe deeper and easier.
“This is an excellent beginner’s level foundation. Very well presented and easy to follow. Thank you.”
“This course is a great match for my level of yoga experience, the sessions give me a good stretch without overdoing it.”
“I like Andrea’s voice and how she describes exercises. Everything in this course makes me feel comfortable and relax. Andrea advised a lot of meditation technics and pose variations for beginners. You can find all poses examples in videos which extremely helpful. Thank you! I feel so calm today!”