Would you like to be able to build a professional-looking website, but don’t know where to begin? You need to take one of these WordPress courses for beginners. What is WordPress? WordPress is the most popular way to create your own blog or website. Did you know that more than one in four websites on the internet are powered by WordPress! That is a staggering number of sites! Check out the best WordPress courses below, enroll, and start building your place on the internet.
1. WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly
Created by Andrew Williams
Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (14,000+ ratings)
60,000+ students enrolled
This excellent beginner’s WordPress course by Andrew Williams will teach you how to become a proficient WordPress user in just a few hours. The course will take you through every step from the installation of WordPress to a finished responsive website. This course assumes no prior knowledge.
- Learn how to install WordPress on your PC or Mac so you can learn how to use WordPress offline.
- Learn how to build a responsive website that looks great on any browser.
- Learn the difference between pages and posts and how to create and edit them.
- Learn how to correctly use categories and tags.
- Learn the difference between plugins and themes and how to install them.
- Learn how to create a static homepage or a blog-style homepage.
- Learn how to create custom menus and navigation systems.
- Learn how to protect WordPress from hackers.
- Learn how to create an affiliate site to earn passive recurring income.
- Plus so much more!
“Very good course! Well thought out and broken down in bit size videos. Instructor very focused on the topic and covered each topic well. I enjoyed this instruction a lot!”
“Very thorough course. I didn’t know anything about WordPress and now I am confident in creating web sites in WordPress. Excellent instruction!”
“Very helpful course, very glad I took it, it was clear and straight to the point with many helpful tips in learning the basics of WordPress. A must-do if you are a beginner to WordPress, much better than spending hours on Google or YouTube trying to figure it out on your own!”
Reviews from students of this course.
2. WordPress for Beginners: Create a Website Step by Step
Created by Brad Schiff
Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (3,900+ ratings)
11,000+ students enrolled
A great course by Brad Schiff that is perfect for anyone who wants to create websites or blogs using WordPress.
- How to install WordPress.
- How to create pages and posts.
- How to create a blog post.
- How to customize the colors and theme.
- How to create a static or blog-style homepage.
- How to create custom menus and navigation.
- How to embed YouTube videos.
- How to create a photo gallery.
- How to configure ‘About Us’ and ‘Contact Us’ pages.
- Plus much more!
“Excellent course for newcomers starting with WordPress. The presentation and pace are good. Provides clear step by step instructions to create websites using WordPress. Total running time is just right.”
“This has been one of the best, if not the best, courses I have ever taken (and I’m an old person, so have taken a bunch of courses). Brad did a great job of developing and presenting the material for anyone who wants to get started with WordPress. Thank you, Brad!!!”
“Brad’s teaching style is very effective, he uses repetition and looking at the same concept from different perspectives to reinforce learning. Excellent course.”
Reviews from students of this course.
3. Full WordPress Website For Beginners: Learn WordPress A-Z
Created by Pouya Eti
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (120+ ratings)
9,300+ students enrolled
This impressive course by Pouya Eti is the A-Z of WordPress website development for beginners. Pouya starts with the basics of creating a website and then teaches you all the skills you need to create a professional responsive website.
- All the WordPress fundamentals.
- How to use the Elementor page builder.
- How to create an online shop.
- Everything you need to know about blogging.
- How to do SEO to improve your website rankings.
- How to create a membership system.
- How to create forms.
- And much much more.
“Excellent explanations. They are Clear and concise, enriched with some practical examples.”
“I learned a lot, thank you.”
“Great teaching technique.”