Tai chi is an ancient Chinese tradition that is most often practiced as a graceful and gentle form of exercise. Tai chi has many different styles and there are variations within each style. The practice of Tai Chi consists of a series of movements performed slowly and accompanied by deep breathing. Benefits of tai chi can include: a reduction of stress and anxiety, improved aerobic capacity, increased stamina and energy, improved flexibility, better balance, and improved muscle strength.
Tai chi is sometimes confused with yoga, which is another type of meditative movement. Yoga includes various physical postures, meditation, and deep breathing techniques. You can find Beginner Yoga Courses here.
Created by Susan Thompson
Rating: 5 out of 5 (10+ ratings)
66+ students enrolled
A perfect beginner Tai Chi course by the Certified Tai Chi Instructor Susan Thompson. Susan will teach you a full Tai Chi form set based on Yang Style Tai Chi that you can use for your daily practice. You will also be taught the basic principles of Tai Chi such as proper posture, balance, weight transfer, stance, and movement.
- Thoroughly learn 10 forms of Yang Style Tai Chi.
- Learn the fundamentals of Tai Chi such as balance, movement, and posture,.
- Understand what Tai Chi is and how it helps your mind and body.
- Learn how to move through a simple Tai Chi form set to use for daily practice.
- Know and understand yourself better, deeply, and more profoundly.
- Comfortable loose clothing and secure shoes.
“I would recommend this course to anyone looking for a comprehensive introduction to Tai Chi. It is especially good at explaining the principles of Tai Chi and the correct posture and movements when performing a Tai Chi Form. Susan Thompson is a very knowledgeable teacher and has a calm and clear teaching method.”
“I enjoy the pace, attention to detail, and calmness of the presentation.”