The use of herbs and plants for healing purposes predates recorded history and forms the origin of much of modern medicine. Did you know that many conventional drugs originate from plant sources? I didn’t until I took a course! Examples include aspirin which is from willow bark and morphine which is from the opium poppy. Herbalism is the practice of making or plant-based herbal remedies for medical conditions.
A herbalist is someone who has studied the uses of herbs and plants and is able to recommend certain herbs to help certain ailments. Unlike many conventional doctors, herbalists take a holistic approach to illness. They choose to treat the underlying cause of a condition rather than the symptoms alone. If you are interested in learning how to improve your health and wellbeing using herbs and plants, try enrolling in one of these excellent online herbalism courses below.
1. Herbalism For Everyone – Professional Herbalism Course
Created by Tania Magdalene
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (560+ ratings)
2,600+ students enrolled
This course from the top-rated herbalist Tania Magdalene will take you back to a time when we all used herbs as part of a daily wellness routine. Herbs and plants can support us in the most incredible ways, many of which have been long forgotten. In taking this excellent herbalism course, you’ll discover the wonderful world of herbalism and how you can use them to improve your health and well-being.
- You’ll learn about the incredible world of plants and herbs and how you can use them to better your life.
- You’ll learn how working with plants can help you in your daily life.
- You’ll learn how to extract benefits from everyday plants that grow among us.
- You’ll learn how to make infusions, tinctures, infused honey, decoctions, elixirs, syrups, salves, and more!
- You’ll learn how to make herbal preparations using 4 different herbal solvents: alcohol, oil, glycerin, and water.
- You’ll learn how organic products can support a healthy lifestyle.
“The content exceeded my expectation. I highly recommend this course. It is very informative.”
“This was an excellent course. I was able to piece so much that I already knew and learned over the years. Thank you for all your hard work in putting this together. Fantastic job!”
“This course is excellent she explains in videos and has additional written materials to complement it. I will definitely be taking more classes with this instructor!”