Taking photographs at night demands a different skill set than daytime photography and can be quite challenging. It requires among other things, manipulation of aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. Even experienced photographers find difficulty getting proper exposure and focus in the dark. But once you learn the basics, you’ll soon find yourself taking beautiful images at night. But how to learn about night photography? By enrolling in one of the excellent night photography courses and classes below. Looking for something different? Check out our landscape photography courses, general photography courses, and travel photography courses. Have fun!
Online Night Photography Courses
1. Night Photography: You Can Shoot Stunning Night Photos
Created by Phil Ebiner, William Carnahan, and Sam Shimizu-Jones
Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (1,700+ ratings)
100,000+ students enrolled
This exemplary night photography course will teach you everything you need to know to be able to take award-winning night photos. If you want to take professional night photos, this is the course for you. Highly recommended.
- Learn how to take stunning professional night photos.
- Learn what equipment you need for night photography.
- Learn all the camera settings such as ISO, aperture, and shutter speed.
- Learn how to take light trail photos.
- Learn how to use a shutter release remote to take long exposures.
- Learn how to compose beautiful night photos of the stars.
- Learn how to photograph the moon.
- Learn how to edit night photos.
- And much much more!
“This is a great course and these instructors really know what they’re talking about. Excellent and I highly recommend this course.”
“Completely new to night photography and this course provided great guidance on how to get started. The editing portion was the best part – I was mind blown with how much can be done in lightroom and photoshop! I can’t wait to start taking night photos soon!”
“These guys are great teachers! They really simplify things, walk you through their thought processes, and show lots of demonstrations.”
Reviews from students of this course.
2. Night Photography MASTERCLASS: Capture Stunning Night Photos
Created by Mathew Storer
Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (30+ ratings)
250+ students enrolled
The ultimate night photography course by Matthew Storer, an award-winning professional landscape & travel photographer. Highly recommended.
- Learn how to capture stunning professional night sky photos.
- Learn how to take low light photos.
- Learn the basics of low light aperture, ISO & Shutter Speed.
- Learn about composition in night sky photography.
- Learn the equipment needed for low light photography.
- Learn how to edit images in post-processing software.
- Learn advanced editing of night sky photos including star trails, time-lapse, focus stack, and exposure blend.
- And much much more!
“It is an absolutely fabulous course! I have learned so much!”
“This is the best night photography course I’ve seen. All aspects are covered.”
“Great course. Down to earth teacher that is easy to follow.”